Register to Attend Online - Click on Register Button
Book Clubs are led by the community members that attend on a regular basis, they select the monthly books in advance so everyone can read the same book title. This book club meets the second Monday of the month, from September to June. Please note in October and March, the book club will meet on the 3rd Monday of the month.
For those joining by Zoom, please note that the book club runs from 11:00 am - 12:00pm. We have added an extra 15 minute buffer on either side of the meeting to allow time to deal with any technical challenges that may arise.
Listed below are a few reminders so everyone can enjoy the club:
- The safety of our participants and staff is our top priority, please review our Stay Safe Guidelines & Patron Conduct Policy.
- Registration is required, space is limited. If you cannot attend, please cancel your registration.
- All participants are encouraged to read the book, if you don't like the style, at least read the first few chapters and the final chapter so you can participate in the discussions.
- Remember to stay on topic, you invested the time to read the book, so come prepared to discuss. There are no wrong or right interpretations of a book – just different perspectives.
- Be gracious in your comments. If you did not like the book, be kind in your feedback. Contribute positively and respectfully.
- Take turns, give everyone a chance to share. Remember, book clubs are discussion groups. Keep an open mind, ready to discover new books and ideas.
- Respect the discussion space, be a good listener and don't engage in side conversations, be sure to mute your cell phones!
Book Club Selections
September 11 - The Body: A Guide for Occupants by Bill Bryson
October 16 - Fire Weather: The Making of a Beast by John Vaillant
November 13 - Freezing Order: A True Story of Russian Money Laundering, Murder, and Surviving Putin’s Wrath by Bill Browder
December 11 - Foolproof: Why Misinformation Infects our Minds and How to Build Immunity by Sander van der Linden
January 8 - Pathogenesis: A History of the World in 8 Plagues by Jonathan Kennedy
February 12 - How Big Things Get Done: The Surprising Factors That Determine the Fate of Every Project, From Home Renovations to Space Exploration and Everything in Between by Bent Flyvbjerg and Dan Gardner
March 18 - Elon Musk by Walter Isaacson
April 8 - The Rise and Reign of the Mammals: A New History, From the Shadow of the Dinosaurs to Us by Stephen Brusatte
May 13 - Outlive: The Science and Art of Longevity by Peter Attia
Video Conference Programs:
Allows you to enjoy real-time video chat with library staff and other registered participants. When joining, you have the option to connect with audio only, but it is encouraged to allow audio and video to get the most out of the program. Please note that you will be sent an email with the Zoom conference link prior to the start of the program. You will need this link to join the program.
We ask that all participants conduct themselves respectfully, and adhere to the Patron Conduct Policy.
If you have any questions or require technical assistance please call 705-728-1010 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We want to improve, to serve you better. Please take a moment to complete our Program Evaluation Form.