Register to Attend - Click on Register Button.
Book Clubs are led by the community members that attend on a regular basis; they select the monthly books in advance so everyone can read the same book title. This book club meets the second Thursday of each month from September to June.
Listed below are a few reminders so everyone can enjoy the club:
- The safety of our participants and staff is our top priority, please review our Stay Safe Guidelines & Patron Conduct Policy.
- Registration is required, space is limited. If you cannot attend, please cancel your registration.
- All participants are encouraged to read the book, if you don't like the style, at least read the first few chapters and the final chapter so you can participate in the discussions.
- Remember to stay on topic, you invested the time to read the book, so come prepared to discuss. There are no wrong or right interpretations of a book ? just different perspectives.
- Be gracious in your comments. If you did not like the book, be kind in your feedback. Contribute positively and respectfully.
- Take turns, give everyone a chance to share. Remember, book clubs are discussion groups. Keep an open mind, ready to discover new books and ideas.
- Respect the discussion space, be a good listener and don't engage in side conversations, be sure to mute your cell phones!
Book Club Selections
Sept - Women Talking by Miriam Toews
Oct - The Opportunist by Elyse Friedman
Nov - Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout
Dec - Ducks, Two Years in the Oilsands
Jan - Downfall by Robert Rotenberg
Feb - Lessons in Chemistry by Bonnie Garmus
March - Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
April - The Cactus by Sarah Haywood
May - Permanent Astonishment by Tompson Highway
We want to improve, to serve you better. Please take a moment to complete our Program Evaluation Form.