Register to Attend - Click on Register Button
Book Clubs are led by the community members that attend on a regular basis; they select the monthly books in advance so everyone can read the same book title. This book club meets at 7 PM on the second Thursday of each month from September through May.
Listed below are a few reminders so everyone can enjoy the club:
- The safety of our participants and staff is our top priority, please review our Stay Safe Guidelines & Patron Conduct Policy.
- Registration is required, space is limited. If you cannot attend, please cancel your registration.
- All participants are encouraged to read the book, if you don't like the style, at least read the first few chapters and the final chapter so you can participate in the discussions.
- Remember to stay on topic, you invested the time to read the book, so come prepared to discuss. There are no wrong or right interpretations of a book ? just different perspectives.
- Be gracious in your comments. If you did not like the book, be kind in your feedback. Contribute positively and respectfully.
- Take turns, give everyone a chance to share. Remember, book clubs are discussion groups. Keep an open mind, ready to discover new books and ideas.
- Respect the discussion space, be a good listener and don't engage in side conversations, be sure to mute your cell phones!
June 8, 2023
October 12, 2023 - Daschuk James. Clearing the Plains: Disease, Politics of Starvation, and the Loss of Aboriginal Life
November 9, 2023 - Lama, Tsering Yangzom. We Measure the Earth with Our Bodies: a novel
January 11, 2024 - Corcoran, Katherine. In the Mouth of the Wolf: a Murder, a Cover-up, and the True Cost of Silencing the Press
February 8, 2024 - Ypi, Lea. Free: A Child and a Country at the End of History
March 14, 2024 - Martinez, Oscar. The Beast: Riding the Rails and Dodging Narcos on the Migrant Trail
April 11, 2024 - Nasrallah, Dimitri. Hotline: a novel
May 9, 2024 - (To be determined)
The health and safety of our participants and staff is our top priority, please review our Stay Safe Guidelines.
If you are unable to attend, we ask that you cancel your registration.
Questions? Please call 705-728-1010 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We want to improve, to serve you better. Please take a moment to complete our Program Evaluation Form.