Register to Attend Online - Click on Register Button.
Book Clubs are led by the community members that attend on a regular basis, they select the monthly books in advance so everyone can read the same book title. This book club meets the first Wednesday of each month, from September to May.
Listed below are a few reminders so everyone can enjoy the club:
- The safety of our participants and staff is our top priority, please review our Stay Safe Guidelines & Patron Conduct Policy.
- Registration is required, space is limited. If you cannot attend, please cancel your registration.
- All participants are encouraged to read the book, if you don't like the style, at least read the first few chapters and the final chapter so you can participate in the discussions.
- Remember to stay on topic, you invested the time to read the book, so come prepared to discuss. There are no wrong or right interpretations of a book ? just different perspectives.
- Be gracious in your comments. If you did not like the book, be kind in your feedback. Contribute positively and respectfully.
- Take turns, give everyone a chance to share. Remember, book clubs are discussion groups. Keep an open mind, ready to discover new books and ideas.
- Respect the discussion space, be a good listener and don't engage in side conversations, be sure to mute your cell phones!
Book Club Selections
September 7 - Five Little Indians, by Michelle Good
October 5 - A Separation, by Katie Kitamura
November 2 - The Henna Artist, by Alka Joshi
December 7 - The Son of the House, by Cheluchi Onyemelukwe-Onuobia
January 4 - Death at La Fenice, by Donna Leon
February 1 - Lessons in Chemistry, by Bonnie Garmus
March 1 - The Christie Affair, by Nina de Gramont
April 5 - TBA
May 3 - TBA
Video Conference Programs:
Allows you to enjoy real-time video chat with library staff and other registered participants. When joining, you have the option to connect with audio only, but it is encouraged to allow audio and video to get the most out of the program. Please note that you will be sent an email with the Zoom conference link prior to the start of the program. You will need this link to join the program.
We ask that all participants conduct themselves respectfully, and adhere to the Patron Conduct Policy.
If you are unable to attend, we ask that you cancel your registration or email email@example.com
If you have any questions or require technical assistance please call 705-728-1010 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We want to improve, to serve you better. Please take a moment to complete our Program Evaluation Form.