Book Clubs are led by the community members that attend on a regular basis, they select the monthly books in advance so everyone can read the same book title. This book club meets the second Thursday of the month, from September to May. Listed below are a few reminders so everyone can enjoy the club:
- The safety of our participants and staff is our top priority, please review our Stay Safe Guidelines.
- Registration is required, space is limited. If you cannot attend, please cancel your registration.
- All participants are encouraged to read the book, if you don't like the style, at least read the first few chapters and the final chapter so you can participate in the discussions.
- Remember to stay on topic, you invested the time to read the book, so come prepared to discuss. There are no wrong or right interpretations of a book ? just different perspectives.
- Be gracious in your comments. If you did not like the book, be kind in your feedback. Contribute positively and respectfully.
- Take turns, give everyone a chance to share. Remember, book clubs are discussion groups. Keep an open mind, ready to discover new books and ideas.
- Respect the discussion space, be a good listener and don't engage in side conversations, be sure to mute your cell phones!
Book Club Selections:
October – Unravelling Oliver by Liz Nugent
November – Son of Elsewhere by Elamin Abdelmahmoud
December – The Lincoln Highway by Amor Towles
January – The Mystery of Mrs. Christie by Marie Benedict
February – Looking for Jane by Heather Marshall
March – The Rose Code by Kate Quinn
April – And the Mountains Echoed by Kalind Hosseini
May – The Bomber Mafia by Malcolm Gladwell
- If you have any questions, please call 705-728-1010 or email email@example.com
- This month the Thursday book club is meeting in the Oro Room of the Downtown branch, which is located on the second floor.
- We want to improve, to serve you better. Please take a moment to complete our Program Evaluation Form.